An MBA paves the way for promotions and a pay boost which may help explain why the degree is so popular. The 2021 GMAC Alumni Perspectives Survey shows that four in five MBA grads agreed that their earnings power increased after graduation.
While career advancement may be the main motivation to earn the degree, B-school grads report other benefits. Beyond the professional and financial benefits, 72% found their graduate management education improved their personal situation, as well.
Why Earn a Marketing-Focused MBA?
Want a versatile degree in a contemporary field with great pay? A marketing MBA may be just the ticket. Marketing made U.S. News & World Report’s list of five hot jobs for MBA grads.
Through an MBA with a Marketing Specialization, you can both:
- Build a core business foundation based in leadership, finance, managerial accounting and business analytics — a must if you’re aiming for executive-level leadership positions.
- Develop specialized expertise in marketing management. To succeed in leadership roles, you must be adept at mining market research and structuring analytics to deepen your understanding of your customers’ behaviors, which in turn inform your strategies.
A specialized MBA is a smart move for early- or mid-career professionals looking to advance. Marketing specialists (including those with social media or direct marketing experience), market research analysts, and communications specialists are good candidates for this type of degree. Junior-level marketing managers with an eye on roles at the senior, director and higher levels will also benefit.
Even during times of economic uncertainty, marketing managers are always needed, and they are needed in every industry. This ability to work in diverse environments makes job prospects for marketing graduates more optimistic. In fact, marketing jobs are set to increase by 10% by 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Why La Salle for a Marketing MBA?
The La Salle University MBA, Marketing Specialization online program develops a strong base of business fundamentals with a focus on marketing. You’ll build skills in these key areas:
Leadership – You’ll identify your own management style through self-evaluations as well as input from co-workers, faculty and online classmates. You’ll also learn which skills you need to strengthen for a number of areas including time management, team leadership and conflict management. Doing a self-evaluation and skills inventory during the program can help you work on your growth areas before you spread your wings with the MBA.
Decision-Making – Managers must make decisions, often with incomplete information. Three courses in the program are specifically directed toward decision-making — Business Analytics for Informed and Effective Decision Making, Information Technology for Decision Making, and Frameworks for Socially Responsible Decision Making.
Competitive Strategy – Through the integrative capstone course, you’ll learn how to formulate and implement competitive strategy at both domestic and global levels. Knowing how to do this gives you an edge in the job market for leadership and strategy roles.
Marketing Specialization Courses
Here’s how courses in La Salle’s MBA program equip you for leadership roles in the field of marketing:
- In Strategic Marketing Analytics, you’ll learn how to apply research and analytics methods to a number of areas including product development, pricing, campaign management, brand valuation and digital marketing strategy.
- In Consumer Behavior, you’ll learn how to fine-tune marketing strategies based on key factors that affect buyer behavior, such as social, cultural, psychological and economic influences.
- International Marketing teaches you how to utilize your marketing management skills in the international field and how to navigate the complexities, problems and opportunities of the worldwide market.
Through case studies and hands-on projects, you’ll connect the dots from theoretical knowledge to practical application. You’re likely to apply what you learn in the online program and see payoffs on the work front even before you graduate.
Why Online for an MBA?
With an online program, you can study any time, from anywhere with internet connectivity. Have young kids or a hectic work schedule? The online format is for you. Check into a discussion board from your car while you wait for your kids at soccer practice. Show up to “class” in your pajamas when the rest of the household is sleeping. Travel for your job? No problem. Go from work to classwork in the comfort of your hotel room.
La Salle’s affordable tuition and pay-by-the-course option put an AACSB-accredited MBA within reach at a fraction of the cost of many full-time programs.
Zip through the program in 14 to 16 months or pace yourself — it’s up to you. Multiple start dates mean you can begin the program when you want.
Learn more about La Salle University’s online MBA, Marketing Specialization program.