Jill English, Adjunct Faculty
- Post Master's – University of Pennsylvania (CNS)
- MSN – Thomas Jefferson University (ANP)
- BSN – Villanova University
- Currently work as an Advanced Nurse Clinician on a Surgical Floor certified in Bariatric Surgery
- Former positions as a Clinical Nurse Specialist and Nurse Director
- Published related to Postpartum Depression
- Posters and Presentations given at Magnet, NACNS and other local conferences
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Why did you start teaching?
I currently teach Safety Strategies online. I wish that this course would have been available to me as an undergraduate or graduate student because the tools learned in this class are so applicable to your everyday work.
What advice would you give to those considering the online RN to BSN program?
You can do it! This program is versatile and can meet the needs of even the busiest of students so don't be discouraged to start.
Why are you interested in nursing? What drew you to this field?
My great grandmother was a long term nursing home resident that I visited with family frequently. I got to know the other residents there volunteered in high school and then became an activities aide. I was quickly drawn to the needs of geriatric patients and decided to go to nursing school.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
Patience and empathy
What do you think is the biggest challenge that nurses face today?
Time management, balancing what needs to be done for the patients while also spending time with them and getting to know them.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know.
I have 2 young boys that keep me entertained 24/7!