Dr. Letty Piper, Assistant Professor
- EdD – Rowan University, 2012
- MSN – University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- BSN – University of Pennsylvania, 1969
- Staff Nurse – Graduate Hospital of Philadelphia
- Staff Nurse – Prince William Hospital, Manassas, VA
- Head Nurse – Hospital University of Pennsylvania
- Chief Nursing Officer – Rolling Hill Hospital
- Chief Nursing Officer – Hospital Medical College of Pennsylvania
- Manager, Healthcare Consulting – Coopers & Lybrand
- Partner – Management Partners Inc.
- Chief Operating Officer – Skilled Nursing Inc.
- Chief Operating Officer – Girard Medical Center
- Chief Nursing Officer – Delaware County Memorial Hospital
- Chief Nursing Officer – Easton Hospital
- Chief Nursing Officer – Fletcher Allen University of Vermont
- Chief Clinical Officer – Memorial Hospital of Salem City
- Chief Nursing Officer – Nyack Hospital, Nyack, NY
- Senior Clinical Advisor – Christ Hospital
- Vice President Clinical Operations – Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
- Interim Chief Nurse – Howard University Hospital
- 1990- Present: Piper Consulting-specialized in interim management assignments and nurse management development and redesign
- 2007-2008 – Manager Development, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- 2007-2012 – Quality Assurance, Kennedy Health System, NJ
- 2007- Present – Manager Development, Somerset Medical Center, NJ
- Instructor – Administration, Diploma Program, Hospital University of Pennsylvania
- Full time lecturer – Graduate Nursing, Villanova University
- Lecturer – Post Grad Nursing, Villanova University
- Guest Lecturer – Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Guest Lecturer – Graduate Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Adjunct Associate Professor – Nursing, University of Vermont
- Coordinator – Health Sciences, Immaculata University
- Senior Scholar – Health Policy, Thomas Jefferson University
- Lecturer – Graduate Nursing, University of Pennsylvania
- Adjunct Faculty – Graduate Nursing, Undergraduate Nursing, Master in Public Health, Doctor of Nursing Practice Programs, La Salle University
- Associate Course Director
- Adjunct Faculty – Health Care Administration, St. Joseph's University
- Assistant Professor – Nursing, La Salle University
A sample of recent publications:
- Piper, L. (2012). No nursing student left behind: Non-cognitive screening, Theses and Dissertations. Paper 154. http://rdw.rowan.edu/etd/154. Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ.
- Piper, L., & Czekanski, K. (2012). Use of a simulated administrative decision making exercise in an online master's nursing administration course. Journal of Nursing Education, 51(6), 343-344.
- Piper, L. (2013). A Small group of committed people. Creative Nursing, 19(1), 26-29.
- Piper, L. (2015). Ethics in simulation: An entry. In M. J. Smith, R. Carpenter, & J. J. Fitzpatrick, Encyclopedia of nursing education. New York, NY: Springer. (In press).
- Piper, L., & Schneider, M. (2015). Merger vs acquisition: What's the difference. Nurse Leader, 13(6).
- Piper, L., & Schneider, M. (2015). Nursing executive leadership during organizational mergers. Journal of Nursing Administration, 45(12), 592-594.
- Piper, L.(2016). The missing student at graduation. Journal of Healthcare Ethics and Administration, 2(2).
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Nurs 418: Leadership and Management
Why did you start teaching?
I wanted to bring clinical experience to administration students after 30 years of nursing leadership.
What advice would you give to those considering the online RN to BSN program?
Develop your skills in time management.
Why are you interested in nursing? What drew you to this field?
I wanted to help people deal with their illnesses.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in nursing?
What do you think is the biggest challenge that nurses face today?
Boredom from repetition.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Notes on Nursing by Florence Nightingale.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know.
I am a quilter.